Football

Morsalin included in 30-man Saudi camp despite lawsuit

Photo: STAR

Bangladesh national football team's manager Amer Khan has said that there is no reason to exclude Sheikh Morsalin from the squad after a case was filed today against the Bashundhara Kings forward over demand of dowry.

Morsalin's wife Senjuti Binte Sohel filed the case with the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate's court in the afternoon.

According to the complaint, Senjuti got married with Morsalin on November 29 last year with a dower (Den Mohor) worth Tk 10 lakh. A few days after the marriage, Morsalin demanded a dowry of Tk 20 lakh from her to buy a car. At one stage, Senjuti was subjected to psychological pressure and torture, the complaint added.

When brought to notice, national team manager Amer said: "There is no ground to exclude him from the squad until and unless allegations against him are proven in the court of law. Cases can be filed against anyone, but it doesn't mean he is guilty."

Earlier in the day, head coach Javier Cabrera trimmed his original 38-member squad to 30 members, including Morsalin, for their preparation camp in Saudi Arabia ahead of Asian Cup Qualifiers tie against India on March 25.

The Spanish coach had announced the 38-member initial squad on Feb 9 by drafting in four new faces. The squad also had three Abahani defenders who played a key role in helping Abahani keep 12 clean sheets out of 14 games in the league and the Federation Cup. However, only one of them – Shakil Hossain – found himself in the 30-member squad.

Out of the four new faces, goalkeeper Shakib Al Hasan and midfielder Jahid Hasan Shanto were dropped alongside experienced campaigners like goalkeeper Anisur Rahman Zico, defenders Yeasin Khan, Mehedi Hasan and Murad Hasan. Young forwards Rabbi Hossain Rahul and Rafiqul Islam were also not considered for the Saudi camp, which is scheduled for February 5 to 17.

The 30-member squad also includes Sheffield United midfielder Hamza Choudhury and Italy-based teenager Fahamedul Islam.

While Amer said that Fahamedul is expected to join the Saudi camp, he said that Hamza will join the team on March 18.

"We will get a couple of training sessions in Dhaka after returning from Saudi Arabia and we are expecting Hamza to reach Dhaka on March 18 to join training sessions before flying out for India," said the former national footballer.

The team management is also planning to play two practice matches in Saudi Arabia, subject to the availability of teams in the country.

The 30 selected players have been asked to report to Amer on Thursday and training will get underway the following day.

Comments

Morsalin included in 30-man Saudi camp despite lawsuit

Photo: STAR

Bangladesh national football team's manager Amer Khan has said that there is no reason to exclude Sheikh Morsalin from the squad after a case was filed today against the Bashundhara Kings forward over demand of dowry.

Morsalin's wife Senjuti Binte Sohel filed the case with the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate's court in the afternoon.

According to the complaint, Senjuti got married with Morsalin on November 29 last year with a dower (Den Mohor) worth Tk 10 lakh. A few days after the marriage, Morsalin demanded a dowry of Tk 20 lakh from her to buy a car. At one stage, Senjuti was subjected to psychological pressure and torture, the complaint added.

When brought to notice, national team manager Amer said: "There is no ground to exclude him from the squad until and unless allegations against him are proven in the court of law. Cases can be filed against anyone, but it doesn't mean he is guilty."

Earlier in the day, head coach Javier Cabrera trimmed his original 38-member squad to 30 members, including Morsalin, for their preparation camp in Saudi Arabia ahead of Asian Cup Qualifiers tie against India on March 25.

The Spanish coach had announced the 38-member initial squad on Feb 9 by drafting in four new faces. The squad also had three Abahani defenders who played a key role in helping Abahani keep 12 clean sheets out of 14 games in the league and the Federation Cup. However, only one of them – Shakil Hossain – found himself in the 30-member squad.

Out of the four new faces, goalkeeper Shakib Al Hasan and midfielder Jahid Hasan Shanto were dropped alongside experienced campaigners like goalkeeper Anisur Rahman Zico, defenders Yeasin Khan, Mehedi Hasan and Murad Hasan. Young forwards Rabbi Hossain Rahul and Rafiqul Islam were also not considered for the Saudi camp, which is scheduled for February 5 to 17.

The 30-member squad also includes Sheffield United midfielder Hamza Choudhury and Italy-based teenager Fahamedul Islam.

While Amer said that Fahamedul is expected to join the Saudi camp, he said that Hamza will join the team on March 18.

"We will get a couple of training sessions in Dhaka after returning from Saudi Arabia and we are expecting Hamza to reach Dhaka on March 18 to join training sessions before flying out for India," said the former national footballer.

The team management is also planning to play two practice matches in Saudi Arabia, subject to the availability of teams in the country.

The 30 selected players have been asked to report to Amer on Thursday and training will get underway the following day.

Comments

বরিশাল সিটি করপোরেশন: চুরি গেছে চোর ধরার ৪২০ সিসি ক্যামেরা

বিসিসির তত্ত্বাবধায়ক প্রকৌশলী হুমায়ুন কবির বলেন, ক্যামেরা প্রকল্পের জন্য প্রয়োজনীয় লজিস্টিক সাপোর্ট ছিল না। ফলে ক্যামেরাগুলো ধীরে ধীরে অচল হয়ে পড়ে এবং চুরি হয়ে যায়। ক্যামেরাগুলো রক্ষণাবেক্ষণের জন্য...

৫৬ মিনিট আগে